Tuesday, March 4, 2008

As I See IT/For Tech Leaders/Hand in Hand

L&L evolved in a really interesting way through the years. Times changed, and many of our original contributors had been promoted out of the classroom into the position of technology coordinator. In addition, ISTE folded its publication Educational IRM Quarterly into L&L, and L&L needed to serve those readers. So the For Tech Leaders column was born.

In the planning for volume 33, we decided to make some changes to the tone of the magazine, and we worked with the For Tech Leaders column editor to revamp his column as a first-person piece speaking to the needs of the tech coordinator and information systems manager. Don Hall, the sole columnist at the time, came up with the title As I See I.T.

Hand in Hand was also created to serve the needs of technology leaders, but rather than focusing on the technology management side of the coin, it supported those leaders in charge of integration into instruction. After the first year, the Hand in Hand column was folded into As I See IT and written by Kimberley Ketterer.

Read the articles here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the columns...the best change in L&L over the years in my opinion. My favorite Don Hall column was about herding cats